WILD OPTICS NIGHT VISION PRO FAQs
1) What kind of recoil this can handle?
It is designed to withstand shock and recoil. Make sure it is mounted securely to your scope as per the instructions. We recommend using it up to .308 caliber.
2) Will it fit on a 40mm scope?
It comes with mount tubes that can fit scopes up to 45mm tube diameter (rear end of your scope).
3) How far can you see in total darkness?
You can see up to 200-400 yards with the stock infrared light active in darkness. (overall range may vary depending on the phases of the moon and other factors like smoke, fog, tree/bush cover etc.)
4) My scope don't have objective lens. Will I still be able to get a clear picture? It's a 3-9-50 leupold scope.
The camera will see exactly what your eyes see's, so yes it will work.
5) Does it comes with instructions?
User manual and step-by-step installation video tutorial is sent via email for every order. If you did not receive the email, contact us and we'll help you out.
6) What batteries will I need and is it included?
Batteries and charger are included. We suggest you to get a extra pack of batteries as well to get more runtime while outdoors. It uses 3 x 18650 Type 3.7V Batteries.
7) Where is it shipped out from?
We have multiple warehouses across North America, Europe And Asia. Orders are shipped according to the destination and availability at our warehouses.
8) How long does it take to arrive?
Most orders are delivered within 7-14 business days with free shipping. You may also opt for expedited shipping at checkout for faster delivery.
9) Does it come with a guarantee/warranty?
Wild Optics™ Night Vision Pro comes with 30-day replacement guarantee for any hardware issues/defects. Contact us on email/phone for any problem with your order.
10) Can it be returned if i dont like it?
Please contact us within 7 days after delivery if you feel it's not a good fit for you. We'll help you send it back.
11) Is the flash light a regular torch light?
The flashlight is infrared and is not visible to the naked eyes. It is not a regular flashlight. You may only see a warm red glow to indicate that the light is on.
12) Is it safe to accept packages during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic?
There is no evidence to suspect that packages can transmit coronavirus. However, We are still ensuring that all necessary steps are being taken by the postal service to quarantine and sanitize the packages before being delivered.Remember, this is a respiratory virus similar to the flu. We don't stop receiving packages during the flu season. We should follow that same logic for the virus that causes COVID-19. You can read more about the COVID-19 here: health.harvard.edu/covid-19